Version: 2, Wed, April 12th 2023 Last Updated: April 12th, 2023
1. The Information We Collect
In the course of operating the Platform, Plentiful collects, stores, uses, transmits, and/or receives the following types of information.
During the registration process, you will be asked to provide your name, phone number, zip code, date of birth, # of adults, children and seniors in your household, preferred language for communication and email address. The individual Pantries may ask you to provide additional information. If you would like to use Plentiful via Text, you will be required to provide your phone number. By providing us with your phone number, you are expressly opting-in to receive SMS text messages from us relating to Plentiful via Text and you acknowledge that messaging and data rates may apply depending on your phone service provider. You may opt-out of receiving SMS text messages at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by texting STOP in response to the text messages you receive. If you would like to use the Plentiful Platform as an authorized user of a Pantry, you will be asked to provide your email address and phone number. All information we collect and/or receive under this section is collectively called “Contact Information.”
Pantry Eligibility Screening Information
In order to determine whether your pantry is eligible for Plentiful, you will be asked to provide some information, including but not limited to: your name; the zip code where your food pantry is located; your EFRO ID, EIN, or confirmation of nonprofit status, if applicable; email address; and phone number (collectively, the “Pantry Eligibility Screening Information”).
If you sign up to use the Plentiful Platform as a Pantry, you will be prompted to provide information such as your Pantry name, Pantry short name (for SMS), address, public phone number, website, public email address, service schedule, client frequency restrictions (x visits per y time period), how far in advance reservations can be made, geographic restrictions, other publicly available information (address clarifications i.e. inside church), account manager name, business address, and business contact email (collectively, the “Pantry Information”).
From time to time, Users may receive invitations to participate in surveys. If you wish to participate in a survey, you will be asked to provide information that will help us administer the survey (“Survey Information”).
In order to provide certain features and functionality of the Plentiful App, we may request to use geolocation information from your mobile device, your wireless carrier, or certain third-party service providers (“Geolocation Information”). Collection of such Geolocation Information occurs only when the Plentiful App is running on your mobile device. You may decline to allow us to collect such Geolocation Information, in which case Plentiful will not be able to provide certain features of the Plentiful App to you.
Race and Ethnicity Information
When you use the Plentiful App, we may request your consent to collect information about your country of origin and/or race or ethnicity (collectively, “Race and Ethnicity Information”). You may decline to allow us to collect Race and Ethnicity Information, and you may withdraw your consent to our use of such information at any time.
Pantry Visit Information
When you use the Plentiful App, we also collect additional information, including but not limited to, your user ID, Pantry ID of the Pantry where you booked a visit, method of booking, time of booking, time serves and visit status (valid, canceled or rescheduled) (collectively, the “Pantry Visit Information”).
- IP addresses, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, date and time, amount of time spent on particular pages, what sections of the Plentiful Platform you visit, etc.
- Information about a mobile device, including universally unique ID (”UUID”), Plentiful App type and version (e.g., iOS or Android), carrier and country location, hardware and processor information (storage, chip speed, camera resolution, NFC enabled, and network type (WiFi, 2G, 3G, 4G); and
- Activity and usage information occurring via the Platform, including tagging data, favorites, preferences, session lengths; and similar data.
Information that we collect using cookies
Cookies are small packets of data that a website stores on your computer’s or mobile device’s hard drive so that your computer will ”remember” information about your visit. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to help us collect Activity Information and to enhance your experience using the Platform. If you do not want us to place a cookie on your hard drive, you may be able to turn that feature off on your computer or mobile device. Please consult your Internet browser’s documentation for information on how to do this and how to delete persistent cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from us, the Plentiful Platform may not function properly. We may use the information collected on the Plentiful Platform for any lawful purpose, including the following:
- To administer surveys
- To provide the Plentiful Platform to you, solicit your feedback, inform you about our products and services and those of our third-party marketing partners, to improve the Platform, to contact you for future non-financial support, and/or for other non-commercial programmatic purposes
- To respond to your inquiries and manage requests you submit to us;
- To manage your account, including to manage your registration as a user of the Plentiful Platform;
- To operate, personalize, and improve the Plentiful Platform, including for analytics purposes;
- To prevent and detect fraud;
- To comply with the law and maintain the security of the Plentiful Platform; and
- With consent, or as otherwise disclosed at the time information is collected.
How We Share Personal Information
- Service Providers. We may engage third-party service providers to perform certain business-related functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing services such as maintaining our database, providing delivery services, sending email messages, or facilitating fundraising activities. These other companies will have access to personal information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
- Third Parties. We may share personal information with third parties and vetted partners.
- Affiliates. We may share personal information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, or other companies under common control with us.
- Business Transfers. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, personal information may be part of the transferred assets.
- Legal Requirements. We may also disclose personal information: (i) when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; or (ii) whenever we believe that disclosing such information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Plentiful or others.
- Plentiful Pantries. We may share personal information with your designated Pantry/s in the Plentiful network based on the address you provide. Plentiful Pantries may use personal information for purposes such as to contact you about products, services, or offers that we think would be of interest to you.
- With consent, or as otherwise disclosed at the time of data collection or sharing.
We may share information that has been de-identified or aggregated without limitation.
For Google Analytics, please visit
For Google Firebase, please visit
For Rollbar, please visit
For Twilio, please visit
For Expo, Please visit
4. Accessing and Modifying Personal Information and Communication Preferences
If you have signed-up to use the Plentiful Platform, you may access, review, and make changes to your personal information by following the instructions found on the Plentiful Platform. In addition, you may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link located on the bottom of any Plentiful marketing email. You cannot opt out of receiving transactional e-mails related to your account.
5. How We Protect the Information
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect your Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. While we follow generally accepted industry standards to protect your Information, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100 percent secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
6. External Sites
The Plentiful Platform may contain links to third-party websites ("External Sites"). We do not endorse such External Sites and we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such External Sites. Please refer to the privacy policies of those External Sites for more information on how the operators of those sites collect and use your personal information.
8. How to Contact Us